• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

UAW starts strike at... MAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Perhaps sooner, that’s far less than the $4k-$10k they make per month now, huge pay reduction, many members will not be thrilled. How long is it for them to break even on the new pay deal after taking a hit like that?
That’s why they vote on striking
Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Last edited:

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Medical Scientist
The 500$ a week number, if true, is still super low. Considering how much food and gas is today, people will be draining their savings. The longer the strike goes on, the leverage goes right back to the automakers.

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
The 500$ a week number, if true, is still super low. Considering how much food and gas is today, people will be draining their savings. The longer the strike goes on, the leverage goes right back to the automakers.
At the same time, automakers stand to lose billions per week so both sides will be bleeding. That’s why striking is not good for anyone and why this won’t drag out.

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
According to NBC, Ford appears closest to an agreement. Apparently they are only striking final assembly/paint at MAP. All other work continues. Everyone else had a full plant stoppage. The UAW also filed complaints to the LRB on GM and Stellanis for not bargaining in good faith, but not Ford.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
46% pay hike? Oh yeah, and we want to work 32hrs/week, but be paid for 40 hours... and if you don't give that to us, we'll shut you down.

And Fain accuses the manufacturers of not bargaining in good faith? SMH
Well, yeah, if you only regurgitate the initial offer it sounds like they aren’t negotiating. The very first counter offer Fein made to Ford lowered the pay increase demand to 32%. They actually are negotiating in good faith.

I don’t understand how some don’t seem to understand that this is a negotiation just like you and I would have when buying a car or a home. First offers are always ridiculous. You meet in the middle. There’s no difference here.

Ranger Nick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger
Occupation
Lawyer
Is history hard? Don’t think I said anything in accurate.

Let me guess… 2020 was rigged too.
Uhm, Americans (who know history) lay no claim to inventing democracy, we know the Greeks did...

Sponsored

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Uhm, Americans (who know history) lay no claim to inventing democracy, we know the Greeks did...

Americans don’t know history. But that’s not what you said. You implied I didn’t know history based on what I said. Reading is hard I know…

Ironic though. When suddenly the results aren’t ones you like they are some how fake.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
See above, I was just questioning the integrity of a vote that gets 97% support. The only question I think that could get that high in a normal demographic setting would be the question: "Are puppies cute? yes or no". Even then, probably 10% would vote no...
But relating it to Saadam Hussein? Come on man! Is it that hard to believe the majority of UAW workers would vote to strike so that their pay and benefits will go up? I mean, that’s not really a stretch if we’re looking at this honestly.

Ranger Nick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger
Occupation
Lawyer
But relating it to Saadam Hussein? Come on man! Is it that hard to believe the majority of UAW workers would vote to strike so that their pay and benefits will go up? I mean, that’s not really a stretch if we’re looking at this honestly.
Too harsh of an example, attempted humor, sorry. And no, not a stretch for a majority, but I thought it would come in around 70% support as maybe 30% would not want a haircut in pay at this time...

Ranger Nick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger
Occupation
Lawyer
Americans don’t know history. But that’s not what you said. You implied I didn’t know history based on what I said. Reading is hard I know…

Ironic though. When suddenly the results aren’t ones you like they are some how fake.
You literally said Americans claim they invented democracy... but in any event, you speak of Americans in third-person so perhaps you are not from here...

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Too harsh of an example, attempted humor, sorry. And no, not a stretch for a majority, but I thought it would come in around 70% support as maybe 30% would not want a haircut in pay at this time...
It’s alright. I just think there’s not enough room in this discussion for hyperbole. I don’t think there’s any reason or evidence to say that any part of that election was rigged.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.