• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

UAW starts strike at... MAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat

Looks like we're good be waiting a while longer. I can't say I'm not bummed, but I hope you boys and girls get the bag.
I'm disappointed that I'll be waiting longer, but they deserve a good contract. That being said, I thought Fords offer was decent. Hopefully for all it won't last long.

Dlowe198

First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger raptor
Occupation
Maintenance
It’s a super weird strategy by the UAW to go after fords plant that assembles rangers and broncos and not hit them with a plant that supplies parts to cripple the entire assembly process. Ford is still able to crank out all the other vehicles.

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
It’s a super weird strategy by the UAW to go after fords plant that assembles rangers and broncos and not hit them with a plant that supplies parts to cripple the entire assembly process. Ford is still able to crank out all the other vehicles.
There are some questions whether the people laid off at the other plants would be eligible for Unemployment benefits. Ford would certainly fight that. Plus, they are working without a contract right now, so any extra they would receive on a regular layoff from the companies wouldn't happen. They only have so much money in their strike fund, and they're trying to stretch it. MAP is a huge plant, so it makes news. I also think they picked plants close to Detroit so the execs could see the strike. If this lasts long, they'll probably hit F150 production, and then as a last resort Livonia Transmission.

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
It’s quite smart, this immediately stops all shipments of Ford’s most profitable model, Bronco.

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
They probably will hit the Mustang and F150 last. Everybody loves a bit of drama.

Ranger Nick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger
Occupation
Lawyer
It went from all of them strike to just 3. What a joke. Its all theater
Agree, the new UAW head wanted to strike from the beginning of “negotiations” not even responding to Ford offers at times. He’s trying to make a political name for himself to set up a run for office, just an opinion, don’t need any so called “pro labor” ppl on this forum to freak out…

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
Agree, the new UAW head wanted to strike from the beginning of “negotiations” not even responding to Ford offers at times. He’s trying to make a political name for himself to set up a run for office, just an opinion, don’t need any so called “pro labor” ppl on this forum to freak out…
spicy way to start the morning…

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Medical Scientist
So I read the strike can be funded for about 5 weeks at 500$ a week (is that taxable)? So I wonder after week 4 of striking, the leverage might be with the automakers at that point?

Sponsored

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
So I read the strike can be funded for about 5 weeks at 500$ a week (is that taxable)? So I wonder after week 4 of striking, the leverage might be with the automakers at that point?
I think that's with all 149,000 members on strike. That's why they started with 1 plant each. They need to stretch out that strike fund. And yes, it would be taxable. It's income.

Ranger Nick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger
Occupation
Lawyer
Perhaps sooner, that’s far less than the $4k-$10k they make per month now, huge pay reduction, many members will not be thrilled. How long is it for them to break even on the new pay deal after taking a hit like that?

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Perhaps sooner, that’s far less than the $4k-$10k they make per month now, huge pay reduction, many members will not be thrilled. How long is it for them to break even on the new pay deal after taking a hit like that?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I spend about 500$ a week at Costco alone. That isn't very much to go on.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The number I saw was roughly 3 months until their coffers run dry.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
46% pay hike? Oh yeah, and we want to work 32hrs/week, but be paid for 40 hours... and if you don't give that to us, we'll shut you down.

And Fain accuses the manufacturers of not bargaining in good faith? SMH
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.