• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

UAW kicks off talks with 'Detroit Three'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Been hinted they are willing to strike regardless. A week long of ear bending just to prove their point and worth. The whole thing has been a nightmare. Agree with a demand and they want to change it for better.
new union boss has to show he's a tough guy and justify his big salary. shoot for the moon, negotiate on earth.
Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I heard Ford is already training their salaried workers how to man the factory line. Hopefully the quality won't suffer.

Sponsored

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
I heard Ford is already training their salaried workers how to man the factory line. Hopefully the quality won't suffer.
What will happen is what Ford has been already doing in other plants. Automation. Eliminate the human factors completely.

Also as a salaried employee you’d be surprised how many of us, myself included, have to takeover for UAW errors

coldconfession13

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Occupation
IT
I think the unions demands are outrageous. 40hr pay for 32hrs worked. And 40% increase in pay. Thats really pushing the demands. That day of pay but no work will really add up. So it's kind of double dipping on asking for more money. More pay and 8hrs free basically. But that is just my opinion folks. Don't get the pitch forks.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
I think the unions demands are outrageous. 40hr pay for 32hrs worked. And 40% increase in pay. Thats really pushing the demands. That day of pay but no work will really add up. So it's kind of double dipping on asking for more money. More pay and 8hrs free basically. But that is just my opinion folks. Don't get the pitch forks.
My guess, is like any time you bargain. You start with the outrageous and work your way back from there

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Medical Scientist
My guess, is like any time you bargain. You start with the outrageous and work your way back from there
Yeah I think thats exactly what is happening. Unfortunately, with Stalantis offer so outrageous on end and UAW offer on the other, it'll just take longer to get to the middle.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I think Ford not giving raises back to workers after they agreed to cut them to help survive the pandemic is outrageous. I don’t understand why the workers are getting blamed for this. What if your boss told you three years ago they had to cut back and then your company posted record sales and said they still weren’t giving out raises? I’d be pissed, too. Hell it’s happening in my company right now. Record profits, record inflation, but paltry merit increases. I don’t blame them in the slightest

Negotiation 101. You don’t come to the table with the minimum you’re willing to accept. You start high and meet in the middle.

End of the day, this is a discussion between employees and their employer. It’s silly to pick sides because it doesn’t affect any of us. Our orders are submitted and our pricing is locked in.

Sponsored

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
I think Ford not giving raises back to workers after they agreed to cut them to help survive the pandemic is outrageous. I don’t understand why the workers are getting blamed for this. What if your boss told you three years ago they had to cut back and then your company posted record sales and said they still weren’t giving out raises? I’d be pissed, too. Hell it’s happening in my company right now. Record profits, record inflation, but paltry merit increases. I don’t blame them in the slightest

Negotiation 101. You don’t come to the table with the minimum you’re willing to accept. You start high and meet in the middle.

End of the day, this is a discussion between employees and their employer. It’s silly to pick sides because it doesn’t affect any of us. Our orders are submitted and our pricing is locked in.

Exactly. Gotta say I am pretty surprised at the anti union sentiment on this forum. But as you said it is completely out of our hands

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Exactly. Gotta say I am pretty surprised at the anti union sentiment on this forum. But as you said it is completely out of our hands
Almost everyone on this forum is a lot closer to the workers than they are to the CEO’s. What happened to compassion for the working man?

No ill-will to anyone here personally though. You guys are great.

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
Almost everyone on this forum is a lot closer to the workers than they are to the CEO’s. What happened to compassion for the working man?

I’ve been union & I’ve been management, both sides need the other. More so management needs the workers or there’s nothing at all. They both need to find common ground & appreciation for each other. Greed though will ruin everything for all sides, the workers make it happen & management keeps things half ass organized as well as they can. It can’t be a one sided thing for either side, they both need to give up a little for the betterment of everyone.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier

Anti union propaganda has done its work the past 60 years.

An instead of going after actually problematic unions they go after them all

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
Happy Friday everyone, hope you all have a great weekend and get to eat some Tacos.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.