• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

I want a Raptor but can't get one. Lariat?

Austidog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT FX4 Azure Gray Tri-Coat
Get anXLT with the FX4 package. No, it's not a Raptor. But it will get you off pavement (if you really do that), has great suspension, beautiful ride and are more and more available on dealer lots. Loaded up, around 47k.
Sponsored

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
You can do a lot with the non-Raptor trucks to make them more off road capable. They’re so new there isn’t much aftermarket support yet in the US, but I guarantee it’s coming. For inspiration check out what the Australians have been doing the last few years.

Ford Ranger I want a Raptor but can't get one.  Lariat? Ford-Ranger-Next-Gen_Deluxe-Bull-Bar-5

OP
OP

zonomo

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Get anXLT with the FX4 package. No, it's not a Raptor. But it will get you off pavement (if you really do that), has great suspension, beautiful ride and are more and more available on dealer lots. Loaded up, around 47k.
I do need it but I would say "lightly", not doing any hard core baja, that's not why I wanted the Raptor either. I have taken my F150 Lariat hunting and needed reasonable 4-wheel drive but not hard core at all. This is more of a daily driver hobby truck.

OP
OP

zonomo

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
You can do a lot with the non-Raptor trucks to make them more off road capable. They’re so new there isn’t much aftermarket support yet in the US, but I guarantee it’s coming. For inspiration check out what the Australians have been doing the last few years.

Ford-Ranger-Next-Gen_Deluxe-Bull-Bar-5.jpg
Ive noticed the Aussies have some super dope truck. That must be a big market for Ford. I didnt know that.

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
Ive noticed the Aussies have some super dope truck. That must be a big market for Ford. I didnt know that.
The next-gen Rangers came out down there as a 2022 model year. We're the backwater for these trucks.

Sponsored

Paulw

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor Tesla Y P
I tired to put a Ranger Raptor on order at a dealership but it turns out, they may not have the "allocation" to get it. So now I am looking at the Lariat but I just don't like the stance. I want more offset, wider tires and a much more aggressive look. When I was searching Google, I was surprised to not find very many photos of 2024 Rangers that were SUPER modded out, which is my intention. Does anyone have a good source, FB group, website, ?? that shows some pretty customized Rangers? I am concerned by the lack of photos that Ive seen so far.

BTW, I currently drive an F150 Lariat Hybrid, which is a bit too big for me, which is why we're moving to the Ranger.
Try other dealers. I also saw some "used" ones with less than 500 miles around MSRP or a little under (Do autotrader search)

G L Rockwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma off road
Occupation
self
I tired to put a Ranger Raptor on order at a dealership but it turns out, they may not have the "allocation" to get it. So now I am looking at the Lariat but I just don't like the stance. I want more offset, wider tires and a much more aggressive look. When I was searching Google, I was surprised to not find very many photos of 2024 Rangers that were SUPER modded out, which is my intention. Does anyone have a good source, FB group, website, ?? that shows some pretty customized Rangers? I am concerned by the lack of photos that Ive seen so far.

BTW, I currently drive an F150 Lariat Hybrid, which is a bit too big for me, which is why we're moving to the Ranger.

OP
OP

zonomo

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Try other dealers. I also saw some "used" ones with less than 500 miles around MSRP or a little under (Do autotrader search)
Ya did that. I am literally willing to drive anywhere to get it. I live in Seattle.

markal49

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT w/ FX4
Occupation
Planner
This. It’s a good truck for your uses. Here’s mine.

Ford Ranger I want a Raptor but can't get one.  Lariat? IMG_9614

Ford Ranger I want a Raptor but can't get one.  Lariat? IMG_9561

Sponsored

Hill21

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Building maintenance
Ford Ranger I want a Raptor but can't get one.  Lariat? IMG_0476

Ford Ranger I want a Raptor but can't get one.  Lariat? IMG_0477

Hill21

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Building maintenance
3” level, 285/70r17’s on Bronco (Sasquatch) wheels

Hill21

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Building maintenance
Woolworth 3” level strut spacers…slight rub on fender liner at full lock, I zip-tied the liner to the front intrusion bar to move the liner forward, it rubs very little, no issue at all
Sponsored