• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Lariat 2.7 L Engine Ordered

wnytaxman

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis GV80, Ranger on order
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone gotten or heard of when Ford will start making and delivering Rangers with the 2.7 L engine? I ordered my Lariat about a month ago and have heard nothing from Ford about dates. Is this the way Ford Customer Service works now?
Sponsored

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone gotten or heard of when Ford will start making and delivering Rangers with the 2.7 L engine? I ordered my Lariat about a month ago and have heard nothing from Ford about dates. Is this the way Ford Customer Service works now?
Did you get an order acknowledgement email from Ford within a day or two of placing your order?

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
i got an email about a week after placing the order.
So Ford has your order. The next step is for the dealer to have allocations so it can get scheduled. So your communication should be with the dealer as to when they expect to be able to get it scheduled. Ford can’t give you a build date if the dealer hasn’t done their part yet.

Sponsored

Cubbieswin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, F150
I ordered my 2.7 on May 28th. I received the email that they had received the order. Still waiting on a build date and VIN#. I ordered this after my 1st order started production on Jan 24th and was on QC hold for over 4.5 months. I still don't know why it was on hold that long. It did show up at my dealer last week with 63 miles on it. I'm now going to wait on the 2.7 that I wanted all along. Might end up with a 25 model at this rate. Ford communication is baffling to me, why keep everyone (buyer and dealership) in the dark?

PhoenixRanger

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Supercab, Bronco 2 dr. OB/AMB 2.7L
Fyi, I ordered the 2.7 XLT on 5/6/24 and still waiting for a build date email. I am the first 2.7L ordered through my dealership and likely one of the first Rangers so I'm hoping to get an email soon.

BriSco

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 GMC Sierra, '24 Ranger 2.7L On order.
Occupation
Retired
I placed an order for a 2.7L XLT on 4/30. My build date is 8/7 currently.

Sea Lindsey

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock JKU, 2003 F350 dually
Occupation
Retired
I placed my 2.7 liter, XLT FX4, order on 5/9. Received confirmation on 5/11 and a build date on 5/23. The original build date was for mid-July. Since then, the build date has slipped to first week in August. My dealer tells me the build will take about a week, and then there is 2–3 weeks of rail transport to Arizona. Overall, not bad considering the delays seen on early orders of RR.

OP
OP

wnytaxman

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for all the replies. It looks like there is some movement on the 2.7’s, but Ford is incredibly unresponsive. I checked with my dealer and they don’t even know how to get the information on the build date. They seem to be waiting to see what Ford has to say without pushing the envelope. Kind of discouraging as I watch my trade continue to decline in value.

Sponsored

Scott Arnold

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Occupation
Ford motor
I ordered mine on 5/2 and have a build date or 8/5. My dealer set me up with email confirmation and notifications

GFran

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 FX2
Occupation
Safety Manager
Fyi, I ordered the 2.7 XLT on 5/6/24 and still waiting for a build date email. I am the first 2.7L ordered through my dealership and likely one of the first Rangers so I'm hoping to get an email soon.
I received a build date confirmation yesterday for August 5th on the 2.7.

OP
OP

wnytaxman

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
And I just got my build date of August 17. Looks like I might actually see my truck before snow flies.....Hopefully!
Sponsored