• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

FordPass App is live

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My truck was built last month but the Fordpass app doesn't show the location.

How were you able to activate your truck in Fordpass without having access to the headunit? The linking process requires you to tap the screen in the car.

edit: on your map maybe you can zoom in closer and verify, but that pin looks to be at the "MSA Delivery Services" lot. I'm wondering if someone recently drove your car over to the shipping lot and did you a favor and clicked the activate button. Maybe a hint that shipping will start soon?

Ford Ranger FordPass App is live 1707850492709

Last edited:

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I've got the "activate vehicle" button in my Fordpass now!

Sponsored

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 ranger, 94explor, 16 Focus RS, 21 Bronco, 24 RR
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
My app isn't working yet but the dealer did confirm my Raptor is ready for convoy shipping. Expected to arrive in a week.

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
Yep, definitely the shipping lot.

Is your tracker still showing "in production"?
Mine still says in production but you can call 800-334-4375 to get the most current status.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine still says in production but you can call 800-334-4375 to get the most current status.
Assuming that's just the number for ford chat, I talked to them via the chat window a few days ago and they told me

" Our records indicate your vehicle's status is In Production - When an order is "In Production," it is being manufactured at one of our factories. Your estimated delivery date was between Jan-28-2024 - Feb-03-2024. Your order is currently pending an estimated time of arrival update. Your most recent update was on Jan-18-2024 ".

I think dealer and ford chat just get this original estimation time that never updates and likely if your tracker isn't showing "built", your truck is being held for QC and that estimated date is inaccurate.

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
My app states I cannot activate until I have the vehicle

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Cyber Security
Yes, Still in production (started on 19 Jan). My thoughts is that since I was "awaiting confirmation" from the head unit. Someone either did me a favor or, wanted to listen to music driving it over and pushed buttons until the radio controls appeared.

Sponsored

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, Still in production (started on 19 Jan). My thoughts is that since I was "awaiting confirmation" from the head unit. Someone either did me a favor or, wanted to listen to music driving it over and pushed buttons until the radio controls appeared.
Interesting well thanks for the info. Hopefully this is some foreshadowing for the rest of us.

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
Assuming that's just the number for ford chat, I talked to them via the chat window a few days ago and they told me

" Our records indicate your vehicle's status is In Production - When an order is "In Production," it is being manufactured at one of our factories. Your estimated delivery date was between Jan-28-2024 - Feb-03-2024. Your order is currently pending an estimated time of arrival update. Your most recent update was on Jan-18-2024 ".

I think dealer and ford chat just get this original estimation time that never updates and likely if your tracker isn't showing "built", your truck is being held for QC and that estimated date is inaccurate.
Well that would be a bummer but dealer did confirmed its ready for convoy shipping. Along with other vehicles they are expecting at the sametime. I guess I'll have to wait and see if it actually shows up in the next week.

donnellb

First Name
Donnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Escape
Let me state at the start that I'm not fully sure how the FordPass app works. Maybe he happened to try accessing it when it was on the line and one of the workers confirmed it. That would be a crazy way to mess with the new owner. Confirming the info on the screen so they can access it via the app and see their truck location but not take delivery for another month or two. Mental warfare at its finest.

Cyder

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Nurse
Well that would be a bummer but dealer did confirmed its ready for convoy shipping. Along with other vehicles they are expecting at the sametime. I guess I'll have to wait and see if it actually shows up in the next week.
I wouldn’t count on it to be honest. Based on info I received, nothing is moving until sometime in March or end of March. Crazy awesome if what you state is true!
Sponsored