• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

10.1-inch or 12-inch center console touchscreens thoughts.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
To be honest I'm getting an XLT, I don't even know what an "AUX switches" on the Raptor do? :)
They run through fuses and then relays which feed leads through different parts of the truck that you can wire accessories to. Examples include lights, radios, and air compressors. Just give you an easy switch to turn those things on and off.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Raynger24

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Escape SE, 23 Colorado LT
They run through fuses and then relays which feed leads through different parts of the truck that you can wire accessories to. Examples include lights, radios, and air compressors. Just give you an easy switch to turn those things on and off.
You tech guys and how you know all this stuff amaze me! That's why you are going for the Raptor, and I, the humble XLT (with the Technology Package!) Lol Thank you :)

3231haven

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Next Gen Ranger Wildtrak -RA
Occupation
Retired Automotive Cad Monkey
To be honest I'm getting an XLT, I don't even know what an "AUX switches" on the Raptor do? :)
All good , we are all here to share and learn.
If you can get the AUX Switches like the Raptor as an option I would do this as it will be fully wired in as part of the wiring with the AUX fuse box, as shown in the attached image and is fully covered by Ford warranty.
If you go the Ford AUX switches in the sunglass holder location, you can get the dealer to do it and it will still use the same AUX fuse box the the switches will look different and is covered by Ford warranty. yes it does go through the dash rubber grommet location.
If you choose to go an aftermarket option you will need to do it all, but you will need to be careful doing the wiring as it may impact your warranty.
Or lastly you can go with the ARB option and here in Australia a Ford dealer or ARB dealer can do it and its covered by Ford warranty.
If you don't plan on fitting driving lights, second battery, winch, air compressor....etc etc. I would not bother getting the option or having it fitted.
If you go the Raptor AUX switches then all the wiring pick up locations are as per Ford/ARB agreed locations, this can be Good & Bad depending on where you want to fit your aftermarket setups.
If you plan on fitting a UHF radio all the Ford AUX switch locations do not have a UHF socket, they are just switches, you will need to wire in a seperate location. Lots of different locations have been done here in Australia.

Ford Ranger 10.1-inch or 12-inch center console touchscreens thoughts. tempImage2MNW2R

OP
OP
Raynger24

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no heated steering wheel?
Nope, NO heated steering wheel with the XLT High Equipment Group, just the heated seats. The Lariat I believe does have a heated steering wheel. I was told by my salesperson he is guessing it requires a chip for that. On a side note, if you choose the High Equipment Group, you also lose the $500 "Standard Group" discount. Seems Ford REALLY wants you to stay standard, maybe for the possibility of constraints.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Nope, NO heated steering wheel with the XLT High Equipment Group, just the heated seats. The Lariat I believe does have a heated steering wheel. I was told by my salesperson he is guessing it requires a chip for that. On a side note, if you choose the High Equipment Group, you also lose the $500 "Standard Group" discount. Seems Ford REALLY wants you to stay standard, maybe for the possibility of constraints.
Can confirm lariat has the heated steering wheel as I ordered one

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
You sure about that? it's not listed on the equipment package:

Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 9.43.59 PM.png
Should be. It’s the first line on the interior/comfort section of the order guide for the lariat. Surprised it’s not called out there.

Ford Ranger 10.1-inch or 12-inch center console touchscreens thoughts. IMG_5091

Sponsored
OP
OP
Raynger24

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back in late May, when I was trying to decide between an XLT or Lariat it was a big back-and-forth decision JUST because it showed heated seats AND heated steering wheel listed in the Lariat Standard Equipment Group (at least I thought so) in the "Build and Price" on line configurator. Going back to the configurator just now, it does indeed appear to be gone. It was one of my main questions to the salesman why the XLT High Equipment Group would only have heated front seats, but not a heated steering wheel. My salesman was telling me it is controlled by a chip, so they were just putting them on the Lariat and higher trim. Perhaps, it has been quietly removed and is yet another casuality we have to suffer through over the never ending chip shortage...strange.

Last edited:

BigDamnHeroes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
INDEED...it is interesting! Back in late May, when I was trying to decide between an XLT or Lariat it was a big back-and-forth decision JUST because it showed heated seats AND heated steering wheel listed in the Lariat Standard Equipment Group (at least I thought so) in the "Build and Price" on line configurator. Going back to the configurator just now, it does indeed appear to be gone! It was one of my main questions to the salesman why the XLT High Equipment Group would only have heated front seats, but not a heated steering wheel. My salesman was telling me it is controlled by a chip, so they were just putting them on the Lariat and higher trim. Perhaps, it has been quietly removed and is yet another casuality we have to suffer through over the never ending chip shortage...strange.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what shows up on the first couple Lariats, or if it's mentioned anywhere that it was dropped (As opposed to just being an error on the B&P).

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Bummed to hear about no heated steering wheel in the XLT even with the High package. I was Lariat all the way until about a week or two ago when I switched to leaning towards the XLT. Since I knew the Lariat had a heated steering wheel, I had assumed that was also included in XLT High along with the heated seats.

OP
OP
Raynger24

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bummed to hear about no heated steering wheel in the XLT even with the High package. I was Lariat all the way until about a week or two ago when I switched to leaning towards the XLT. Since I knew the Lariat had a heated steering wheel, I had assumed that was also included in XLT High along with the heated seats.
I'm right there with you. I plugged in the high package on my XLT and was shocked it had heated seats, but not a heated steering wheel, makes no sense. I am speculating this is one reason it appears some people are having a hard time getting their Lariat scheduled.

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
This video is a comparison of the New Amarok and the Ranger, but around the 14 minute mark, it has a good view of the 10.1" screen . The one in this video has dual zone AC, which only comes with the 12" here, but it's shiny like the XLT, which is hard to see in the Build and Price pictures. The other videos I've seen of the 10.1" screen here are from the XL with the matte finish around the bezel.
Sponsored