• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

What is the priority for production on these stock orders?

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Same. Ordered mine (RRaptor) through local dealership through a personal connection. He entered it as a stock order, priority 20, and has just been forwarding me anything he gets from Ford.
Curious: Did your dealer provide you with any insights into when he things it might be ready to pick up?
Sponsored

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Curious: Did your dealer provide you with any insights into when he things it might be ready to pick up?
Any dealer that's telling anybody any estimates on pick up is full of s***.

The bare minimum an estimate can be made on is when the dealership is notified that the stock order is going to the production line and then they might be able to estimate based on other things they've ordered about on average how long it takes to arrive.

However that general estimation is even tougher right now due to transit and delivery issues across the market.

dmac72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Nothing official. He just said based on his experience (30+ years in auto sales), “it’s likely going to be around 6 months.” He clarified that he hasn’t heard anything directly from Ford and that’s just his personal expectation.

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
Nothing official. He just said based on his experience (30+ years in auto sales), “it’s likely going to be around 6 months.” He clarified that he hasn’t heard anything directly from Ford and that’s just his personal expectation.
My dealer said anywhere from 6 to 8 months & that was on May 26th. I don’t really care because I know that I put a deposit down & eventually I will get it which is more than a lot of people can say so I feel fortunate as far as all this goes.

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
With the focused turning to EV's, I don't have any expectations based on these recent developments.

Ford job cuts coming to hundreds of salaried workers in North America: Here's what we know

"
As Ford shifts to producing more electric vehicles, it expects to lay off a number of employees, mostly engineers, in North America over the coming days. The company would not confirm any specific number of employees involved.

"This is related to the Ford+ growth plan we introduced in 2021 and have been increasingly implementing over the past year," said Ford spokesman T.R. Reid in an email. "Delivering on the plan includes adjusting staffing to match focused priorities and ambitions, while raising quality and lowering costs."

Ford has previously said it is also hiring in some areas, so it's not clear if these layoffs will result in an overall reduction in Ford's workforce in the United States or Canada.
As part of the so-called Ford+ plan, in 2021 the company was split into three broad operating units: Ford Blue for internal combustion-powered vehicles, Ford Model E for electric vehicles and Ford Pro focused on commercial vehicles.

Ford CEO Jim Farley also announced the company would focus on fewer, but more profitable, market segments and would develop more digital products for its customers. In addition to profit growth, cost reductions are also part of the plan.

Ford executives said in March that the company will lose $3 billion this year on sales of electric vehicles but still expects to meet its profit targets of $9 billion to $11 billion for the year. It also expects to begin earning profits on electric vehicles soon."
Sponsored