• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Richie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor, 21 X5 M50i
I wanted to share a few thoughts on the Raptor Assault I attended on Monday.

first off, the fact that Ford offers this with the purchase of a truck is amazing. GM and Toyota should take notes.

The program is tailored for anyone to show up regardless of experience and learn all of the driving features the truck offers in one day. That makes it quite difficult to appease everyone, especially those who have a lot of experience with rock crawling or high-speed rally-style driving.

With that, I was thoroughly impressed with the professionalism of the staff and the curriculum they built. It is apparent that a lot of time went in and safety is a major priority. Every one of the instructors had a professional racing background and tried their best to pass on as much knowledge as possible in a very condensed amount of time.

If you plan on attending I would keep your expectations realistic and enjoy the ride. I would absolutely do it again.

Here is a quick video from the in-car footage. The first clip is at the end of the day when professional driver Jen demonstrates what the truck is capable of. the next clip is the 2WD lap followed by two laps of 4WD and a short side hill exercise

Photos below:
Ford Ranger My Raptor Assault Video and Review GPR25189

Ford Ranger My Raptor Assault Video and Review GPR25345

Ford Ranger My Raptor Assault Video and Review GPR24617

Ford Ranger My Raptor Assault Video and Review GPR24936

Ford Ranger My Raptor Assault Video and Review GPR25274

Last edited:

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Powerboost King Ranch, 2024 HPR Ranger Raptor
How did you get the photos? The video came off your Roadkeeper. We were probably the ones who threw the rock that cracked your windshield
:)

OP
OP
Richie

Richie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did you get the photos? The video came off your Roadkeeper. We were probably the ones who threw the rock that cracked your windshield
:)
Haha, we were talking about how many windows are probably going to crack two minutes before that happened. On the survey they sent out there is a link to the photo album.

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha, we were talking about how many windows are probably going to crack two minutes before that happened. On the survey they sent out there is a link to the photo album.
Thanks, we had a great time.

pablo94sc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I like how Jen had issues getting the rear to step out. Makes me feel a lot better about the difficulties I've had doing the same thing. These tires grip.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Richie

Richie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like how Jen had issues getting the rear to step out. Makes me feel a lot better about the difficulties I've had doing the same thing. These tires grip.
Seems like an issue that could be resolved with an extra 100hp😈

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2023 Toyota GR86
Did they allow you to turn off TC and ESC?

You guys didn't get to jump the trucks, only instructors?

OP
OP
Richie

Richie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did they allow you to turn off TC and ESC?

You guys didn't get to jump the trucks, only instructors?
For the high speed stuff they have you put the trucks in Baja 2wd and 4wd which turns off TC and backs off the ESC a little bit.

unfortunately, we did not get to jump the trucks.

ag02m5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Google
Agree. Had a great time and was fun meeting everyone. I would also do it again.

I was able to get it sideways a bit with some extra throttle coming out of the corners. One almost turned into a tank slapper. Unfortunately my best slide got cut short by the nannies. I think I was in off rode mode at the time. Baja would have let me hold it.

And man the instructors can hustle the truck.

Really the only negative is that you want another day.

Top Fuel Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, '22 Mach1, '21 Diesel Wrangler
Hate to hear you don't get to do even a little jump, that was the highlight of the F150 school I did a few years back. I'm going in July and bringing my Wife as a secondary driver, should be a blast.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Richie

Richie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hate to hear you don't get to do even a little jump, that was the highlight of the F150 school I did a few years back. I'm going in July and bringing my Wife as a secondary driver, should be a blast.
I mentioned in the course review that a lot of us wanted more baja driving time, a chance to jump the truck, and another full advanced day for those of us willing to pay for it.

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mentioned in the course review that a lot of us wanted more baja driving time, a chance to jump the truck, and another full advanced day for those of us willing to pay for it.
I put in the comments also to add the full advanced day. My wife usually doesn't care for this type of stuff. She likes flying, Even flew what looked like a lawn chair with a parachute and a weedeater motor, but she had a blast and would do it again.