• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

How can I get a factory trailer brake controller for my 2024 Ranger?

PATrobas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat
How can I get a factory trailer brake controller for my 2024 Ranger w/tow package already installed?
Sponsored

Treasurer2

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT With FX4 Package & 2.3 Ecoboost
Occupation
Retired
The parts department at our local dealership here in Canada had no luck in getting me a factory brake controller. Eventually, I was tired of waiting so I bought a Curt Echo wireless brake controller. I have only used it a couple of times and so far, it worked every bit as good as the factory brake controller I had in my 2020 F150.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Just go buy one, the controller is just plug and play. You probably won't get all the extra's like the advance tow package has though.

The Lone Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat on order.
Have had good luck with the Curt Echo controller ............. and it eliminates mounting a controller under your dash that might get in the way of your legs. Can be purchased new on Ebay with a little looking. I found Curt's customer service to be outstanding ........ a rarity in today's world. Uses your phone to control - get a Weathertec cup phone holder and you are all set.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XL 4X4
Just go buy one, the controller is just plug and play. You probably won't get all the extra's like the advance tow package has though.
Is it a known fact factory integrated TCM is plug and play?

The wiring diagrams show show some pretty big differences of the TCM hook up between the non integrated and integrated TCM equipped vehicles. Main difference is the HS3 CAN BUS are on different connectors with extra relays and power paths from Battery Junction Box being evident also.

Attachments

Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Is it a known fact factory integrated TCM is plug and play?

The wiring diagrams show show some pretty big differences of the TCM hook up between the non integrated and integrated TCM equipped vehicles. Main difference is the HS3 CAN BUS are on different connectors with extra relays and power paths from Battery Junction Box being evident also.
I don't have one in mine but a buddy of mine got one and it was only 30 mins to put in so I just thought it was play like my previous vehicle.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XL 4X4
I don't have one in mine but a buddy of mine got one and it was only 30 mins to put in so I just thought it was play like my previous vehicle.
Was it an aftermarket controller he put in?

I will admit I am a newbie on the Rangers but my digging around even showed the 5G rangers could not accept a factory controller unless it was factory built as such but Ford Accessories offered a authorized aftermarket controller install.

I would be hesitant to tell anybody to buy a factory trailer brake controller and expect it to be plug and play on a Ranger that came without it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

PATrobas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat
The parts department at our local dealership here in Canada had no luck in getting me a factory brake controller. Eventually, I was tired of waiting so I bought a Curt Echo wireless brake controller. I have only used it a couple of times and so far, it worked every bit as good as the factory brake controller I had in my 2020 F150.
I was told by Ford that an after market one would require an extra wire to the plug; not being able to plug into the harness supplied. He also said it required a computer re-set after installation?

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
He had it done at dealer so I would think it was factory.

Sponsored

Treasurer2

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT With FX4 Package & 2.3 Ecoboost
Occupation
Retired
I was told by Ford that an after market one would require an extra wire to the plug; not being able to plug into the harness supplied. He also said it required a computer re-set after installation?
The Curt Echo is wireless so it didn't require anything other than my cell phone.

bbishop1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger STX
I got the advanced tow just for the brake controller.
I tried finding one around here (Ontario Canada) with the advanced tow but couldn't find one for love nor money... all kinds of F150s but no Rangers...
Sponsored