• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Doors hard to close

Brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor/ 2022 Jeep 392
Occupation
work on Mars
Has anyone seen this insulation stuck between the bed and the cab of the truck? I believe it’s keeping the pressure relief door from opening when doors are shut. Just want some feedback before I get a tool to grab it and yank it out
Ford Ranger Doors hard to close IMG_0256
Ford Ranger Doors hard to close IMG_0255
Ford Ranger Doors hard to close IMG_0257

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2023 Toyota GR86
I noticed the same piece between my cab and bed.

FordDawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Occupation
Work
Hard to tell from the pic but looks like somebody tried to pull it out and it broke off. Purely a guess but if it doesn't look like it was machine cut I'd bet it was supposed to be removed on the line or at the dealership.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I have that between my cab and bed as well. Also, my doors are very hard to shut. I'll try and remove it and report.

I did notice that when I pop the rubber oval cap out of the back of the bed, the insulation should be easy to grab there. I couldn't think of any other way to get it out of there.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
You can't casually shut the doors on my raptor, but if you actually try to shut them, they close easily.

Must be a truck by truck thing. Sorry you're dealing with this!!!

Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Couldn't get that insulation out, but mine is down further and not blocking the pressure release port. I'll have to take my truck in and see if they can adjust the doors to be easier to close.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Mine also has the insulation piece. It not hurting anything so I just going to leave it there.

OP
OP
Brett

Brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor/ 2022 Jeep 392
Occupation
work on Mars
Couldn't get that insulation out, but mine is down further and not blocking the pressure release port. I'll have to take my truck in and see if they can adjust the doors to be easier to close.
I tried to adjust the door striker on driver door to see if it would fix problem, there seems to be no adjustment in the hardware. If you get the dealer to adjust something please let us know what they did. I hate going to dealership, would rather fix it myself if possible.

pablo94sc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
You can't casually shut the doors on my raptor, but if you actually try to shut them, they close easily.

Must be a truck by truck thing. Sorry you're dealing with this!!!
I was about to say something similar. Only people that seem to have trouble closing my driver's door are other people. Shrug

Sponsored

gForceDude

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone seen this insulation stuck between the bed and the cab of the truck? I believe it’s keeping the pressure relief door from opening when doors are shut. Just want some feedback before I get a tool to grab it and yank it out
IMG_0256.jpeg
IMG_0255.jpeg
IMG_0257.jpeg
I have the same thing between my cab & bed; on the Drivers Side only - correct?.
I poked at it with a wooden yard stick, and the top edge had adhesive sticking it to the front face of the bed.
I managed to break the adhesive loose all along the top edge with the yard stick. I then put a short screw through the end of the yard stick to use like a hook, and tried to pull it up & out, but it wouldn't come out.
It is some kind of fibrous insulation material, as there were pieces stuck to the screw on my yard stick from pulling on it.
What it is, and what it is intended for, I have no idea. What says the Ranger6g Brain Trust - any ideas?

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
What says the Ranger6g Brain Trust - any ideas?
My only guess is that it's maybe sound deadening to try and reduce noise from the fuel pump in the cab. It sits completely beneath the pressure vent on the back of the cab. If my 5G had something similar, I never noticed it.

NASSTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor / 1994 Bronco
My only guess is that it's maybe sound deadening to try and reduce noise from the fuel pump in the cab. It sits completely beneath the pressure vent on the back of the cab. If my 5G had something similar, I never noticed it.
F150's have had that for several years.

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2023 Toyota GR86
It's just a tight cabin, shutting the door harder works with the windows fully closed. Open a window just a bit and it closes fine. Probably will get easier as the various door and window seals wear.
No, it's not "just a tight cabin" for many of us. My passenger side doors close much easier than my driver's doors and the driver's side doors are noticeably out of alignment. Tested opening and closing one at a time.

Just like many of us have to slam our hood to get it to latch. At least a couple members here have had their doors and/or hood adjusted which has remedied needing to slam them. My back upper rear seat also needs much more effort than normal to latch.
Sponsored