• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Added some stuff to Ranger Raptor interior: Garmin Tread GPS Navigator, Midland Radio, Sunshield, Blackvue Dashcam

SurfRanger

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Occupation
Product Design Engineer
Sweet Setup! I haven't actually seen much about this so I’m curious... what are the attachment point options like on the raptor dash area? I see u mounted ur Garmin and stuff. Wondering if there's good areas for aftermarket mounts and such.

OP
OP
Stitsch1618

Stitsch1618

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor New Gen
Sweet Setup! I haven't actually seen much about this so I’m curious... what are the attachment point options like on the raptor dash area? I see u mounted ur Garmin and stuff. Wondering if there's good areas for aftermarket mounts and such.
The best spot i found sofar was the center dash Loudspeaker cover. You can pop it right off with a car radio prior tool and put some stuff on that. I also have Go Pro mount on there.

BTW there is a USB2 like socket on the right side of the Front roof console (where the Upfitter Switches are) to power devices like a Go Pro etc.

Center dash Loudspeaker with cover Off :
Ford Ranger Added some stuff to Ranger Raptor interior: Garmin Tread GPS Navigator, Midland Radio, Sunshield, Blackvue Dashcam 20230313_134514

SurfRanger

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Occupation
Product Design Engineer
sweet thanks! hopefully aftermarket finds some sneaky bolt on locations! Enjoy the truck

jp001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor
So no issues when offroading with your GPS mounted on the cover as far as sturdiness or rattling
goes?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stitsch1618

Stitsch1618

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor New Gen
Hi jp001 no issues whatsoever - i used also a aluminium plate on the inside of the speaker cover and rubber Ring (actually wash machine waist water drainpipe-cover with an hole) right under the GPS holder/adapter. Done some heave off-roading - not a squeak !
Ford Ranger Added some stuff to Ranger Raptor interior: Garmin Tread GPS Navigator, Midland Radio, Sunshield, Blackvue Dashcam 20231229_165549

nswilliams

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat 4/19/24
Occupation
Senior Research Engineer
Is there a power connection we can use perhaps behind the front display under the grill cover? I can add 12v to USB adapter and put it in there. I need to charge two phones via magnetic QI pads on the front cooling vents. That would be awesome for a short wire from the QI pads to under the speaker cover.

I suppose you already did that to power the Garmin GPS.
Sponsored