• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

1/4" gap around the whole tailgate of Ranger Raptor

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Sorry if this has already been answered, but does anyone know if this dust seal for the F150 could be cut down to fit in the Ranger? It's only $30

https://accessories.ford.com/tailgate-bed-dust-seal-1
Would a clear door edge protector reduce the gap on the tailgate (same as used for car door edges)? I've seen ones with varying thickness and it is not expensive, so one could buy a couple different thicknesses to try. They put the clear edge protectors on my doors after doing the full wrap PPF. Not sure of the brand but is supposed to be UV-resistant.
May not solve the corners or top, though.
If this looks like the Ford Seal Kit - there is a reason.

https://extrudedsolutions.com/products/ultimate-tailgate-seal-10ft

However - 2024 Ranger kits are still being designed and not ready for sale as of 6/28/24. will post on site when it is ready.

If only it was this ^ easy! Try out everything you can because it would be great if someone could come up with a simpler solution.
Unfortunately the above options have been tried in Aus and none of them have proved to be satisfactory - that is why we developed what we did.
If anyone does find a satisfactory solution that is cheap then please share as everyone with a Next-gen Ranger will be interested.

LeeHo

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKZ - Ranger Lariat w/2.7L on order
If only it was this ^ easy! Try out everything you can because it would be great if someone could come up with a simpler solution.
Unfortunately the above options have been tried in Aus and none of them have proved to be satisfactory - that is why we developed what we did.
If anyone does find a satisfactory solution that is cheap then please share as everyone with a Next-gen Ranger will be interested.
So you have tried ESI?

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
So you have tried ESI?

Nope, but plenty of people on the local FakeBook groups have tried various simple solutions and none of them are happy with the results. The problems they talk about with the stick-on seals is that they simply fall off.

81stfacp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS
Occupation
Retired
If anyone tries this, report back and let us know how it works. This seems like the best/cheapest option so far.
I have the kit coming for my SGM truck. Vic over at ESI is easy to deal with. I promised him, I will take pictures for him to view and give him my best opinion on his product.
Sponsored