• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford dealerships can now use Priority Code 03 to 19 for retail orders.

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Escape SE, 23 Colorado LT
Apparently Ford dealerships can now use 03 to 19 for retail orders. It makes me want to run down to the dealership tomorrow and see if I can get them to put me at a 03! Does anybody have any knowledge on this?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raynger24

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not detailed knowledge no. But iirc you were looking for an XLT. They should’ve been able to retail order that.

https://thebronconation.com/news/what-does-the-priority-code-mean-on-my-bronco-order-t.17697/
this is pretty much my understanding on how the codes work.
I just looked at the link and it was very informative in helping me understand priority codes a bit better. Yes, it should be a simple XLT build, but nothing is solid until it's in my garage. Thank you for the link! :)

Last edited:

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
This really changes nothing for Raptors, but it does give dealerships more flexibility in queuing up customer orders.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Raynger24

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You’re welcome. Nothing like post pandemic car shopping huh!
Amen to that! Times have changed very quickly! 😬

Reactions: MJE

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Medical Scientist
This really changes nothing for Raptors, but it does give dealerships more flexibility in queuing up customer orders.
This. When the time comes, your dealer chooses which Raptor gets built in their allocation. Your priority code doesn't mean anything unless your dealership is using it as their numbered list.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
This. When the time comes, your dealer chooses which Raptor gets built in their allocation. Your priority code doesn't mean anything unless your dealership is using it as their numbered list.
What I mean is, each dealer only has one allocation. So they can enter it as 3 or 19 or anything in between and it doesn't change anything.

Scole31

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado Z71
This may be a quite backwards question for many people here, but is there any way to delay an order? I ordered last week for a lariat. I received a 19 priority code with my dealership. I’m PRAYING for this truck to come in at the latest by December for my down payment. I went ahead and ordered with the expectation of 6-8 months, and securing the pre order discount. I really want to save a ton for my down payment of 75% hopefully. But is there a way to basically say “ hey guys cool it on getting it here”.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
What I mean is, each dealer only has one allocation. So they can enter it as 3 or 19 or anything in between and it doesn't change anything.
Sure it does.

Code 3 means, if both are being capable of being built, my Raptor gets built before some other dudes Lariat does that is code 19.

I understand what you are saying, but I still think it has some merit.

Or am I looking at this wrong?

Sponsored

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Since the RR is going retail, the "one stock allocation" thing seems like it would not be applicable. It seems the dealer probably still get's the one stock allocation, and the retail RR order would allow a dealership to order more RR builds under the retail ordering guidelines. Otherwise, why change from "one stock order only" to being allowed to go retail on the RR. The demand for the RR seems to justify this, hence the change. If this is the case, a difference in the priority code will matter within the same dealer, if Ford is previewing similar builds. One thing SGT Ranger, I don't think different trim levels are considered similar builds, but I don't feel you are looking at this wrong.
From my understanding the priority code system is tied to models, not trim levels.

OP
OP
Raynger24

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This may be a quite backwards question for many people here, but is there any way to delay an order? I ordered last week for a lariat. I received a 19 priority code with my dealership. I’m PRAYING for this truck to come in at the latest by December for my down payment. I went ahead and ordered with the expectation of 6-8 months, and securing the pre order discount. I really want to save a ton for my down payment of 75% hopefully. But is there a way to basically say “ hey guys cool it on getting it here”.
No, there is not a way to delay unless you ask your salesman to cancel (which I would not do!). You could ask for them not to manually enter your order to a priority 10 from the default 19 that "may" help. However, if your order is up front in your dealer's order bank, and if the dealer allocation, parts and ability to build are there, it will most likely schedule even at a code 19. I asked a few dealer's the same question for the same reasoning you have. If all goes smoothly, a 6-8 month wait from what most dealers tell me is probably accurate. It just depends on so many variables. Mainly if any constraints pop up, and your dealer allocations.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raynger24

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From my understanding the priority code system is tied to models, not trim levels.
Sorry, it's late for me and we are having a slow shift so I am tired. I was referring to Ford Dealers WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. My point was a retail RR order priority code within the dealer should matter regarding selection for scheduling just like any other Ranger especially when a dealer may have multiple retail orders in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). We will hopefully know more as we get the information from the dealers.

Last edited:

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I'm going back back to change my wording. Yes, you are right, but the premise is the same. A RR is a different model then a Lariat.
XL, XLT, Lariat, Tremor, Raptor - these are trim levels. They are all Ford Ranger models.

They are all assembled on the same assembly lines.

If a dealership places 12 orders for various trim level Rangers (Code 3-19), assuming all parts are available and ready for all 12 orders, order 3 will get priority, order 19 will be last. I do not believe this queue system distinguishes trim levels.

If the Raptor happens to be 19, then it will be built last after all other 11 units are produced first. Keep in mind this is for individual dealership orders.

Now what may be true, is for the sake of efficiency, the assembly line may be geared on specific dates to assemble specific trim levels for a set time frame. So to break it down in the simplest terms possible; monday will be all XLT, Tuesday will be all Lariat, and Wednesday will be all Raptors.

So if on Monday they project building 200 XLT's, but by end of day they only build 195 XLT, then they would probably shift those 5 units that did not get built in time to the following Monday. Keep in mind all of this is in very simple terms, I am sure the process is far more complicated than this. (the plant may be running 24 hours a day)

So in one sense the priority queue system matters, but it may also not matter depending how the assembly line is scheduled for a day, or week, or whatever.

The priority code queue is probably just one cog in a giant gear set of different things.

OP
OP
Raynger24

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes correct regarding trim levels vs models (my bad) :facepalm: I'm only talking priority codes within a dealership...nothing else beyond that point.
Sponsored

Last edited: