• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Folding Headrests installed

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
I missed the folding headrests in the rear of my 5G SuperCab, so I asked around to see if they would fit in my new truck. I found a set on eBay and they they're a direct fit. For an XLT with the dark cloth interior, the part number is MB3Z21611A08CC.

Ford Ranger Folding Headrests installed IMG_5897

Ford Ranger Folding Headrests installed IMG_5898
Ford Ranger Folding Headrests installed IMG_5896

Last edited:
OP
OP
jedadiah

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
Ebony Cloth matches my XLT exactly.
Ford Ranger Folding Headrests installed Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 13.20.59

This should cover them all. The '21 and up Ranger SuperCabs had a recall that gave them all folding headrests since the non-folding ones interfered with car seats and unlike the SuperCrew, you can't fold the seats down to take them out.

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
I miss them also they were on both my 2015 and 2019 F150's
I just removed them and put both in the storage under the seat.
Easy enough to put them on if I have anyone in the back seat.

Last edited:

24'Ranger

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Vibe AWD, 2019 Outback, 2024 Ranger?

Sponsored
OP
OP
jedadiah

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
Now that's an idea!!! I may have to order the folding versions or the middle seat headrest.

Here's the part number of the middle seat headrest, KB3Z26611A08CC
2023 Ford Ranger 2.3L EcoBoost A/T 4WD Headrest. CREW CAB, cloth, ebony - KB3Z26611A08CC | Lakeland Ford Online Parts, Lakeland FL

Here's a link to all rear seat parts for the 23 Ranger year, SEATS & TRACKS. REAR SEAT COMPONENTS.. 2023 Ford Ranger 2.3L EcoBoost A/T 4WD | Lakeland Ford Online Parts, Lakeland FL
The post spacing on the middle headrest is completely different, so it won't work. They should have used the ROW design for the headrests or made them fold to start with.
Ford Ranger Folding Headrests installed Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 10.38.32

OP
OP
jedadiah

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
The best part of the a the folding ones is that you don't need to move the seats forward or remove the headrest to put the seat down now. It should have come this way. MY new headrests were $80 through eBay, but are around $100 new from Ford dealers online. Levittown Ford on the 5G forum will give you shipping discount codes if you PM them.
Ford Ranger Folding Headrests installed IMG_5900

Hdale85

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Self Employed
Check the rod width....I looked into this a month ago, and as I recall, the width of the middle headrest was different from the 2 side ones
That's sad..... I'll look into it when I finally get mine. I should be ordering a 2.7 Lariat this week I think. We've been tossing back and forth the idea of a raptor or lariat. Wife gets X plan pricing through work so the price difference is about ~6000.

NickyFlippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2005 Dodge SRT4
Occupation
Gov't Stooge
The inability to fold my backseat down because of the headrests has put me in numerous frustrating situations. The funniest was when I had a large pizza that I didn't want to put on the leather, so I tried folding the seat down but the headrests hit the front seats.

I couldn't put it in the bed, the passenger footwell or the backseat. I have a truck and I couldn't even safely transport a pizza! 😄

Sponsored

richman555

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer
The best part of the a the folding ones is that you don't need to move the seats forward or remove the headrest to put the seat down now. It should have come this way. MY new headrests were $80 through eBay, but are around $100 new from Ford dealers online. Levittown Ford on the 5G forum will give you shipping discount codes if you PM them.
IMG_5900.jpg
Now find on Ebay something to take care of that center strap!