• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

GLW

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
When I first laid eyes on the Ranger Raptor I fell in love. Then I went around to the back and my heart broke. I can’t tell you how much I hate the stock exhaust tips. I made a decision then and there that my first mod would be to address those tips.

Easier said than done. After a lot of research I ordered new tips (and resonator delete) form the boys down under at Fabulous Fabrications.

Tips + shipping $842 + $180 to have installed. No, I’m not very bright but I know what I like and I like the way they turned out.

Ford Ranger Aftermarket exhaust tips (Fabulous Fabrications) installed on my Ranger Raptor 1718976437517-h8
Sponsored

John E Davies

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor Velocity Blue (fastest color)
Occupation
Retired aircraft tech
Trying very hard to understand your reasoning, can you post some more pictures? What were you trying to accomplish? How is the sound?

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
When I first laid eyes on the Ranger Raptor I fell in love. Then I went around to the back and my heart broke. I can’t tell you how much I hate the stock exhaust tips. I made a decision then and there that my first mod would be to address those tips.

Easier said than done. After a lot of research I ordered new tips (and resonator delete) form the boys down under at Fabulous Fabrications.

Tips + shipping $842 + $180 to have installed. No, I’m not very bright but I know what I like and I like the way they turned out.

1718976437517-h8.jpg
Very nice! 👍
I loved the looks of those as well.
‘Still very tempted to order a set for mine as well.

Only thing stopping me is the resonator delete, I just don’t care much for how a v6 sounds, so I have mine programmed to stay in quiet mode all the time.

Would love to hear your thoughts on how it changes the sound in quiet mode, does it end up louder or more poppy sounding without the resonators or does the bigger tips deepen and mellow the tone like big tips tend to do on a v8.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GLW

GLW

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Ford Ranger Aftermarket exhaust tips (Fabulous Fabrications) installed on my Ranger Raptor 1718976724694-k5
Ford Ranger Aftermarket exhaust tips (Fabulous Fabrications) installed on my Ranger Raptor 1718976724694-k5

Trying very hard to understand your reasoning, can you post some more pictures? What were you trying to accomplish? How is the sound?

John Davies
Spokane WA USA
My reasoning is, I think the stock exhaust tops look like crap and wanted something that looked better. They do have a deeper sound but not louder to my ears. However, they are louder in Baja mode.
I did not but to make louder. Purely for looks.
Very nice! 👍

Only thing stopping me is the resonator delete, I just don’t care much for how a v6 sounds, so I have mine programmed to stay in quiet mode all the time.

Would love to hear your thoughts on how it changes the sound in quiet mode, does it end up louder or more poppy sounding without the resonators or does the bigger tips deepen and mellow the tone like big tips tend to do on a v8.
honesty, for my ears, I can’t tell that much
difference except in Baja mode being a bit louder. I never use Baja and my R is set to Sport. I think it’s a little deeper sound. My wife can’t tell any difference with the new tips so there’s that. I was all about the look and i really do not like the looks of the stock.
Big investment but I don’t regret a single penny spent on the mod.
btw, I kept the original pipes and if ever needed can be reinstalled.

OP
OP
GLW

GLW

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
1718976724694-k5.jpg
1718976724694-k5.jpg

My reasoning is, I think the stock exhaust tops look like crap and wanted something that looked better. They do have a deeper sound but not louder to my ears. However, they are louder in Baja mode.
I did not but to make louder. Purely for looks.

honesty, for my ears, I can’t tell that much
difference except in Baja mode being a bit louder. I never use Baja and my R is set to Sport. I think it’s a little deeper sound. My wife can’t tell any difference with the new tips so there’s that. I was all about the look and i really do not like the looks of the stock.
Big investment but I don’t regret a single penny spent on the mod.
btw, I kept the original pipes and if ever needed can be reinstalled.
Oh, sorry I didn’t answer your question on quite. I’ve not put my Raptor in quite. Only normal and sport. Baja for about 10 minutes

KE93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 White Ranger Raptor
I’ve been contemplating doing this, but was looking at a set from a South Africa company that makes them bolt on. I think the FF ones you put on had to be welded on, correct? The others cost about $1400 though … but just unbolt the factory and install the new ones.

OP
OP
GLW

GLW

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
I’ve been contemplating doing this, but was looking at a set from a South Africa company that makes them bolt on. I think the FF ones you put on had to be welded on, correct? The others cost about $1400 though … but just unbolt the factory and install the new ones.
That would be easier.

OP
OP
GLW

GLW

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
The FF are connected via a welded on v band.

pablo94sc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Very nice! 👍

If our trucks are anything like my 94 supercoupe (tbird), you're going to want to increase resonator size and maybe add some actual mufflers to the rear to get a deeper and quieter tone. That car has a built, supercharged v6, and it took an RV resonator and two 18" mufflers to remove all rasp and drone, but it was almost as quiet as a church mouse unless you got deep into the throttle.

Basically, quiet mode is nice, but a proper exhaust without the silly electronics would be better, IMO.
Sponsored